partypoker LIVE aims to provide the world’s safest Live tournaments. With our fair and responsible product line-up, every user can play within their financial means and receive the best service possible. partypoker LIVE commits itself to integrity, fairness and reliability and we always do our best to prevent gaming-related problems.
Together with leading research institutes, associations and counselling providers, we have developed measures that ensure a responsible, safe and reliable place for online gaming.
It is partypoker LIVE’s responsibility to create a gaming environment that is founded on the spirit of fair play. The trust of our customers is fundamental to our success. Customer confidence is reliant on us safeguarding the fairness of the games and protecting our customers against fraud. We work closely with independent authorities which monitor the fairness of the gaming products we offer. When it comes to fraud and manipulation, our dedicated investigation and online monitoring teams ensure your protection.
At partypoker LIVE events we will always check the ID of every player, and we’ll never ask you for your account password, we always have staff on hand to ensure any account issues are dealt with swiftly.
But you can help us to further increase the safety of your account:
- You are responsible for the safety of your terminal! Configure you computer’s auto-lock feature to protect it from unauthorized use.
- Please keep your access details safe at all times (user ID, password and your question and answer combination).
- Don't share your gaming account credentials, your credit card or bank account details
- Don't leave the computer unattended when you are logged in
- Do not use the 'Save password' option on log-in screens
- Create separate profiles for everyone who uses your computer, so that nobody else can access your information
- At a live event make sure you keep your laptop on your person, or if staying in a hotel or resort, locked in your hotel room safe.
- Never give your password to anyone else.
- If accessing Wi-Fi at a live event, please use an official, secured Wi-Fi connection, if in doubt as to which are the official venue Wi-Fi connections, please ask a member of staff before connecting.
Protection of minors
partypoker LIVE excludes minors (persons under the age of 18) from gaming, so we will always ask for proof of age during the registration process. We also initiate an automatic identification process immediately after registration, which can require a copy of a picture ID document upon registration. We take our responsibility for preventing minors from playing with us seriously and in order to offer the best-possible protection of minors, we require the shared responsibility of parents.
Terms & Conditions
You can view the current version of our Terms & conditions, to which you have agreed here.
If you have any complaints, claims or disputes with regard to any outcome regarding the services or any other activity, you must submit your complaint to us in writing as soon as is reasonably practicable following the date of the original transaction to which the claim or dispute refers. You are required to provide a minimum of personal information permitting identification, together with a description of the facts and motivation for the complaint as well as the corresponding corroborating evidence.
Complaints may be submitted by contacting us at email@example.com for complaints specifically about partypoker LIVE events.
If all reasonable means to resolve the complaint with the licensee have been exhausted, you can request Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). To get in touch with an independent third party mediator, please contact eCOGRA.
Problematic Gaming Prevention
Most people play poker for the entertainment, which means gaming to a responsible extent and within their financial means. But, for a small percentage, games of chance are not a form of entertainment – they are a problem which must be taken seriously.
What is disordered gambling?
Pathological gambling has been listed as a recognised psychological disorder in the international classification systems DSM and ICD since 1980. It is defined as persistent, recurring and often increasing gambling despite negative personal and social consequences such as debt, breakdown of social relations and impairment of professional development.
When should behaviour be considered problematic?
We would like to stress that diagnoses relating to clinical disorders can only be made by trained specialists. This page offers material which will allow you to quickly assess and consider your own behaviour. If you can identify with four or more of the following characteristics, we recommend that you self-exclude and contact a counselling provider.
- Do you feel the need to gamble with increasing amounts of money in order to achieve the desired excitement?
- Do you feel restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop gambling?
- Have you made repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop gambling?
- Are you often preoccupied with gambling?
- Do you often gamble when feeling distressed?
- After losing money gambling, do you often return another day to get even?
- Do you lie to conceal the extent of involvement with gambling?
- Have you jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, job, or educational or career opportunity because of gambling?
- Do you rely on others to provide money to relieve desperate financial situations caused by gambling?
Rules for positive gaming
By observing the following rules, you will be able to relax and enjoy your gaming:
- Gaming is just for fun, not a way of earning money
- Only play when you are relaxed and concentrated
- Take regular breaks
- Decide your monthly gaming stake in advance. Only gamble what you can afford to lose
- Independently of our standard deposit limits, you may set a lower amount as your own personal limit
- Do not increase the maximum limit which you have decided for yourself later on
- Before you start playing, decide the winning amount at which you will end the game
- Decide beforehand how high your losses can be
- Never play under the influence of alcohol or medication
- Never play if you are feeling depressed
Health-e-Gambling is your online source for gambling information, resources, and self-help tools created by the Division on Addiction, Cambridge Health Alliance, a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School.
‘Your first step to change’: the Self Help Toolkit from the Harvard Medical School faculty
The Division on Addiction has collected its scientific findings from research into addictions and created a Self Help Toolkit. This website offers support to individuals who might have gambling-related problems, detailed analysis of existing behavioural traits, and assistance with developing self-help strategies. ‘Your first step to change, a resource to help guide your journey to change’ takes just 20 minutes.
Personal deposit limit
partypoker LIVE offers players the opportunity to set limits, usually these are set on a venue by venue basis, and players should speak to the management in a host venue. If you’d like to set limits for Live events, you can also speak to a member of our team who will help.
Responsible Gaming research project
A pioneer of addiction research, the Division on Addiction (DOA), Cambridge Health Alliance, a Harvard Medical School teaching affiliate, has conducted a large scale research cooperation with partypoker between 2005 and 2015, examining gaming behaviour in sports betting, casino, poker and other online games. The scientific analysis and results of the studies have brought about a paradigm shift in addiction research. The unique character of the studies is described by Howard J. Shaffer, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School, Director, Division on Addiction, The Cambridge Health Alliance, a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School, as follows:
"For the first time ever the studies conducted in cooperation with partypoker use the accurate records from computer-based internet gaming to study actual gaming rather than what people remembered or were willing to say."
The results of the studies have not only provided the international scientific community with important findings about the nature of online gaming. They also ensure that partypoker can implement its vision of a "safe and recreational gaming environment" on the basis of a scientifically validated Responsible Gaming concept.
You can view the findings of the Gaming Research Project by reading the study:
"Toward a paradigm shift in Internet gambling research: From opinion and self-report to actual behavior"
There are a number of institutions that offer professional assistance:
+44 (0) 808 8020 133